2-Step verification is an extra layer of security. Access to an account using such a verification method is based on your password and on a special temporary key that is created when you attempt to log in to your account.
To set up 2-Step verification, go to 2-Step verification section in your Profile settings.
Click Enable 2-factor verification.
In the settings window read and follow the instructions.
1. Download the free app on your mobile device. We recommend using one of the following:
- Google Authenticator (for Android/iOS/BlackBerry)
- Microsoft Authenticator (for iOS/ Android/Windows Phone)
- Authy (for Android/iOS)
Important! If you use Google Authenticator, please, check the app features.
2. Open the installed app.
3. Go through all the necessary settings (they depend on the app: email or phone number binding e.g.).
4. Scan the QR code from the instruction in your personal account.
5. Enter the six-digit code generated by the app.
Now to login to the account go through the following steps:
1. Enter your username and password on the login page (https://auth.gcorelabs.com/login/signin). Click Log In.
2. You will be redirected to the step of entering the generated key. Open the app and enter the code displayed there, or use a backup code. Click Log In.
If the access code is entered correctly, you will be redirected to your personal account.
Backup verification codes
In case if after 2-Step verification configuration you cannot get verification keys from the app, use backup codes from your personal account.
After the initial configuration of the extra layer security, 5 backup verification codes will already be generated for you. You will have 30 seconds to copy the codes and save them in a way convenient to you: on your computer or, for example, on your phone, using a special app for passwords.
Important! A backup code is only can be used once.
In the 2-Step verification section you can also create a new set of verification codes.
Important! After creating 5 new codes, the old codes will no longer be valid.
How to disable 2-Step verification?
1. Go to the 2-Step verification section in the Profile settings.
2. Click Disable 2-Step verification.
Google Authenticator features
If you get the Invalid code message but you are sure that the code is correct, it might be the app's time synchronization issue.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to the main menu of the Google Authenticator app;
- Tap Settings;
- Tap Time correction for codes;
- Tap Sync now.
- Open the Settings app of your iPhone home screen;
- Tap General
- Tap Date & Time;
- Disable Set Automatically Option and re-enable again;
- Reboot your device.
The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator app, and will not change your device’s Date & Time settings
If you have any other questions about using the app, please, read the instructions.