There are several ways to stream through our service:
Method 1: Streaming directly via CDN
If you have your own media server that produces a stream in HLS format, you will need one CDN resource with special settings for playlists (.m3u8) and chunks (.ts).
For more information about settings, see the article "HLS (HTTP Live Streaming)"
Method 2: Streaming via Media Platform with CDN
Use this method if a stream from your server is not in HLS format.
Streaming via a media Platform also provides a number of advantages and additional features, such as:
- Live stream recording (records the broadcast and saves it as VOD)
- DVR allows you to rewind the stream, stop it and return to viewing it later
- Restreaming is an option that allows you to send a broadcast to several media services at the same time, such as Facebook, Vk, YouTube, OK
- Own player and statistics allows you to collect statistics on views, geography and popularity of individual broadcasts
- Ads allows you to integrate advertisements into a video or broadcast using five types of playback (pre-roll, mid-roll, etc.)
- WebRTC is a broadcast protocol, which has an undeniable advantage – it streams to the user with minimal delay.
The formats and specifications supported by the Media Platform are described here.
When you stream via Media Platform there are two ways to send us the original stream: PUSH and PULL.
- To use PULL you need a server with a stream in RTMP (or other) format. The stream is sent to our Media Platform, which converts it into HLS, adding various useful things.
- Use PUSH if you stream directly from your computer, camera, or any other device using third-party software. In this case, there is a special key in your Control panel that you insert into your program so the stream is sent to us. Media Platform converts it into HLS, adding features, and sends it to end-users.
What do I need to start streaming via Media Platform?
Both streaming methods can be protected with a token
For both types of streaming, the token is configured via a script on the origin server and enabling the "Secure Token" option in the CDN Resource settings.