A network in the cloud is a software-defined network in a cloud computing infrastructure. Cloud networks are used to transfer information between cloud resources and for the Internet connection.
You can create a network in the cloud:
- Inside the project, in the section Networking → Networks → click on Create network.
In the drop-down window, enter the network name and click on Create network. If you want to create a network for Baremetal servers, activate the Baremetal Network (VLAN) selector.
2. In the Instance creation menu, select the Private interface type in the network settings section, and select the Add network option
In the drop-down window, enter a name for the network and click Create network. If you want to create a network for Baremetal servers, activate the Baremetal Network selector.
Baremetal network can also be used for virtual instances, for connectivity between Baremetal and virtual machines.
The list of networks is located inside the project, in the section Networking → Networks
You can manage the created network:
To rename a network, click the selector on the right from the selected network and select the Rename option
To delete a network, click the selector on the right from the selected network and select the Delete option
- Open it (Details option on the selector) to create a subnet
Within the network, you need to create a subnet to define the range of IP addresses in the cloud network.
Subnetwork is a range of IP addresses in a cloud network. Addresses from this range will be assigned to machines in the cloud.
There are two ways to create a subnet in the network:
1. Inside the project, in the section Networking → Networks → Click on the name of the network where you want to create a subnet → Create a subnet.
2. While creating an instance, in the Network settings section, select the Private interface type, select or create a network, and click Add a new subnetwork
Setting the IP range
While creating a subnet (with any method), you need to specify the address range in the CIDR format in the drop-down window
The subnet size is set using the classless addressing (CIDR) method. Only private IPv4 addresses can be used in subnets.
Acceptable CIDR ranges:
- 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
- 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
- 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
Valid subnet mask range: 16-24.
A routed network is a private network that is already connected to a router with a public interface. All virtual servers in such networks can access the Internet through the router and accept incoming connections.
By default, a subnet in the cloud is created with Internet access( routable).
If you need to restrict machines from external connections, you need to enable the non-routable Subnetwork option while creating a subnet.
You can see the list of subnets in the created network in the section Networking → Networks.
Editing a name
To edit the subnet name, click the selector one the right from the selected subnet and select the Edit option
In the drop-down window, you can change the name of the created subnet
Deleting a subnet
To delete a subnet, click the selector one the right from the selected subnet and click Delete