Broadcast is the distribution of audio or video content to a dispersed audience via CDN servers. The CDN servers usage allows you to broadcast information over long distances without delays and loss of quality.
The content delivery to users consists of the following steps: we receive a stream from you in maximum quality, divide it into all available bitrates, send them to CDN servers and distribute it to users through our player.
To set up a broadcast:
- Create a CDN resource.
- Prepare a CDN resource for Media platform.
- Create a Live stream.
- Create a broadcast.
Here you can find video instructions.
How to create a CDN resource for Media Platform.
As CDN servers are used for media files transferring, you should create a CDN resource for the broadcast correct work.
You can create a CDN resource:
1. From the Media Platform tab. More detailed.
2. From the CDN tab. More detailed.
How to prepare a CDN resource for Media Platform
If your resource is marked with the cross sign in the List of CDN Resources section, click Prepare the resource to the correct work with the Media Platform.
After clicking on the button, certain hidden rules will be applied to the selected resource.
Please, do not change settings of the resources prepared for the Media Platform, it can negatively affect the content delivery.
How to create a Live stream
To create a live stream, go to the Live streams section in the Media Platform tab and click Create stream.
Select the connection type: PULL or PUSH:
- PULL broadcast requires your own media server from which we will take your broadcast and send it to the G-Core Labs servers.
- PUSH broadcast requires a special streaming software installed on your computer (for example, OBS and others) where you specify our specially generated URL and send your live stream to this URL.
(!) For more information about live stream settings and connection type selection, see the article Live streams
How to create a broadcast
To deliver your content to end-users, and to be able to use multiple video streams, as well as manage general and advanced settings, you need to create a broadcast.
1. Go to the Broadcasts section.
2. Click Create broadcast.
3. When creating a broadcast, you need to set the name of the broadcast, its current status, add a link for social networks, ads, select a player and add one or more desired live streams.
4. After all the settings are saved, go to the Export tab in the broadcast settings. In this section, you can find the broadcast link and the broadcast iframe for inserting to the site.
Important! All the steps for setting up a broadcast are described in detail in the article Broadcasts
5. You can also configure the following additional functions:
- Record a live stream and save it to the Videos section;
- Stream recording using the DVR option;
- Restream in the social networks.